Nathan Doss the nature artist
Nathan Doss Amin “Aka Nathan Doss” is an Egyptian contemporary artist, who studied at the Faculty of Art Education, Minia University.
Doss is a member of the 1990s generation which is artistically known as the Young Salon Generation, presented a large number of individual exhibitions, field sculptures, and recently worked as a co-founder of the Aswan International Sculpture Forum, and designed the granite statue of the late forum founder Adam Hanin.
*Talent from a young age
It’s been about sculpture since childhood. He carved with black mud, materials, stones, and wood during his upbringing in a village in Mallawi, Minya governorate. Stone, animals, and others had a place for him as elements of nature so, he uses many materials like Granite and Bronze to sculpt his Artwork.
*Fine movement influence
He was influenced by the Egyptian and international Fine Movement, and his teachers, many of them from Egypt like Sobhi Gerges, Abdelhadi Al-Washhi, Adam Hanin, Sabri Nasheed, and at the global level Henry Moore.
-Member of the Association of Fine Artists.
- Member of the National Association of Arts.
- Founding member of the Egyptian Association for Creativity and Development.
- Member of The Cairo Atelier for writers and artists.
-Member of the Cairo Atelier Council of Writers and Artists 2009.
- Founding member (Treasurer) of the Egyptian Society for the Development of Pottery.
- Member of the jury of the youth salon session (28) 2017.
- Organizer of a sculpture workshop with the Townhouse Batilla ancient Egypt 2008
Doss has participated in many individual and collective exhibitions inside and outside Egypt including:
-Exhibition at the Minya Palace of Culture 1992, 1993, 1994.
- Atelier Cairo Exhibition 1997.
- Atelier Cairo Exhibition 2002.
- Tawaf exhibition through the General Authority for Palaces of Culture (Palace of Culture of Infushi Palace of Minya Culture Palace of Beni Suef Culture Palace).
- Exhibition at Zamalek art complex 2004.
Exhibition at the Hall (Ratteb Sediq) at Atelier Cairo April 2006.
- Exhibition in The Hall (Ragheb Ayad) at Al-Jazeera Center for the Arts in Zamalek September 2011.
- Exhibition (Putting up the void) at Zamalek Art Hall in Zamalek January 2016.
- Exhibition (Passion of the mind) at Zamalek Art Hall November 2017.
- Exhibition at Zamalek Art Hall 1 February 2019.
- Exhibition entitled “Ideologies” in Zamalek Art Hall in Zamalek November 2020.
- Exhibition entitled “Will.. Nothing Else” in Zamalek Art Hall in Zamalek February 2022
*Local group exhibitions
- Attilian Salon 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003.
- A bilateral exhibition at The Cairo Atelier in 1999.
- A group exhibition at the Ahmed Shawky Museum.
- A group exhibition in Zainab Khatun Hall.
- A group exhibition for oncologists in the Hangar Hall.
-10th Youth Salon 1998, 12th 2000, 14th 2002.
- National Exhibition of Fine Arts Session (27) 2001.
- Exhibition of the National Society of Fine Arts (Creations) at the Indian Cultural Center in June 2002.
- A group exhibition at the Deja Hall in Alexandria in 2002.
-A group exhibition in Amman, Jordan, 2002.
- A group exhibition in the Arabesque Hall.
- A group exhibition at First Mall.
- Small Art Salon V 2002, 6th 2003.
- A group exhibition at The Cairo Atelier 2003.
- National Exhibition of Fine Arts Session (28) 2003.
- Exhibition (Light of the form) first session at the Palace of Arts November 2004.
- 7th Small Art Salon 2004.
- Atelier Cairo Salon 1st Portrait at Atelier Cairo September 2005.
- The first sculpture salon for noble materials at the Palace of Art 2005
-National Exhibition of Fine Arts Session (29) 2005.
- Exhibition (memory of the body) in Jesuit.
- Egyptian Cultural Week exhibition in Bosnia and Herzegovina 2006.
- The first creative festival (the 30th public exhibition and the first art market) 2007.
- The second creative festival (31st public exhibition) 2008.
- Exhibition exhibition for the acquisition of the Museum of Fine Arts in Alexandria in May 2008.
- An exhibition at the Egyptian Embassy building in Canberra, Australia, in the last week of July to mark the 56th anniversary of the July 23, 2008 revolution.
- Exhibition of El-Mahrousa nights September 2008.
- A group exhibition at The Doroub Hall 2008.
- A group exhibition at Egypt International University 2008.
- The 33rd Creative Festival (32nd Public Exhibition) 2009.
- Exhibition (The Journey of the Holy Family) at the Saad Zaghloul Cultural Center at the Beit al-Umma Museum in June 2009.
- Attilian Salon (57th) at Cairo Atelier September 2009.
-Exhibition (Contemporary Sculptures) at Saad Zaghloul Center at the Beit al-Umma Museum — December 2009.
- Exhibition (Egyptian personalities) in The Gogan Hall in Zamalek December 2009.
- Exhibition (Faces) in one horizon hall — Mohammed Mahmoud Khalil Museum and its campus December 2009.
- The 4th Creative Festival (33rd Public Exhibition) 2010.
- 4th Creative Festival (Small Works of Art Market) in The Renaissance of Egypt and Isis at Mahmoud Mukhtar Cultural Center — Mahmoud Mukhtar Museum June 2010
-Attilian Salon (59th) at Cairo Hotel September 2010.
- ‘Copy no.1’ exhibition at Cairo Atelier 2011.
- Exhibition (Artistic Visions) at al-Jazeera Art Center July 2011.
- Exhibition (architecture in the hands of sculptors) in the hall of the horizon one in the Museum of Mohammed Mahmoud Khalil and its campus in May 2012.
- Exhibition (The Journey of the Holy Family) at Picasso Hall in Zamalek June 2012.
- General Exhibition of Fine Arts Session (34) 2012.
- General Exhibition of Fine Arts Session (35) May 2013.
- General Exhibition of Fine Arts Session (36) June 2014
- Harvest Exhibition (25 years) the youth salon November 2014.
- Exhibition (Mass and Imagination) in Picasso Hall in Zamalek January 2015.
- New Suez Canal Exhibition (Past — Present — Future) at the Opera Palace of Art — August 2015.
- General Exhibition of Fine Arts Session (37) 2015.
- Cairo Salon (57) for fine arts at the Palace of Arts February 2016.
- General Exhibition of Fine Arts Session (38) May 2016.
MASTERPIECES XV exhibition at Zamalek Art Hall August 2016.
- Exhibition (Sculpture Document) at Darb Hall (1718) October 2016
- Exhibition (sculpture document) at Hamed Aweys Hall at the Museum of Fine Arts in Alexandria in January 2017.
- (Light of the shape) exhibition 3rd edition of the Palace of Arts — May 2017.
- MASTERPIECES XVI exhibition at Zamalek Art Hall July 2017.
- General Exhibition of Fine Arts Session (39) September 2017.
- Symposium (Ihab Al-Assiuty) first stone in the village of Pottery in ancient Egypt January 2018.
- Exhibition (Eve .. The Dream) in Salah Taher Opera House February 2018.
- Exhibition (Artists of Amsia) exhibition accompanying The Third Congress of Lancia (Education by Art) at the Mahmoud Mukhtar Cultural Center April 2018.
- Second sculpture salon at the Palace of Art September 2018.
- General Exhibition of Fine Arts Session (40) December 2018.
- Exhibition (Minya Memory of the Arts) hall (Renaissance of Egypt) at The Mahmoud Mukhtar Cultural Center at The Mahmoud Mukhtar Museum January 2019.
- Exhibition (In Love of Opera) in the halls of (Salah Taher — Ziad Bekir) opera October 2019
- General Exhibition of Fine Arts Session (41) February 2020.
-Cairo Salon (59) for Fine Arts at the Palace of Arts October 2020.
- Exhibition entitled ‘Zag in the Heart of Gouna’ at ‘Dawar El-Omda’ hotel in Gouna in May 2021.
- General Exhibition of Fine Arts Session (42) August 2021.
- Exhibition entitled “Odeh” in Cairo, December 2021
*International group exhibitions/external exhibitions
- Exhibition in The Jordanian capital (Amman) 2003.
- 8th Aswan International Sculpture Sambozium 2003, 9th 2004.
- The 7th Cairo International Ceramics Biennale 2004.
- Ecuador’s Biennale in 2008.
- Exhibition ‘Egyptian Dialogue’ at art gap hall in Italy in May 2018.
Sculpture Award at the 14th Youth Salon in 2002.
- Sculpture Award at the 6th Small Art Salon in 2003.
Full-time award 2004, 2005.
- Exhibition award at the Hall of “Ratteb Sediq in Sculpture” at Atelier Cairo 2006